Sunday, September 18, 2005

effect, effect, effect . . . .

A  young woman was taken in to dinner one night by Gladstone, the distinguished British statesman, and
the following night by Disraeli, his equally distinguished opponent. Asked later what impression these
two men had made on her, she replied," When I left the room after sitting next to Mr. Gladstone, I thought 
he was the cleverest man in England. But after sitting next to Mr. Disraeli, I thought I  was the cleverest
woman in England!"    Princess Marie Louise
 
Angela Merkel, the aspiring new chancellor of Germany, met  with a group of experts about their fields
of interest. Tom Brussig, a Berlin novelist, said "the only way I can explain Merkel to myself is to say
that the moment she leaves the room, the motivation leaves with her."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home