Sunday, December 25, 2005

right and wrong

Last month an irresponsible, reckless woman turned left into
oncoming traffic nearly killing me and she blames me
for her recklessness. I was driving cautiously thru a
green light. I have had incredible pain and suffering
and loss and am still in trauma from it. I have been able to
pick out letters on the computer with one bad hand. There
are people coming to home to help me with therapies and
baths. I take lots of vicodan and manage somehow to get
through each day, with a lot of help. I may have had a concusion,
don't know, but my brain hasn't been working well. Because
of that I asked an attorney to help me. I can hardly keep
track of anything since my good arm is broken.

The attorney doesn't seem to be able to comprehend my
feeling of responsibility for being at that place at that time
and my stupid belief that at some level we are responsible
for everything that happens to us; but, that does not mean
she is innocent of causing the accident. I am angry that
this happenned to me. I am angry at the attorney who looks
at me like I'm a ghost and appears to not fight for me. Seems he
likes to remain neutral. Bet if I was a male soldier traumatized
in war, he wouldn't remain neutral. He tells me I need to
keep all the records and the outcome of this is up to me!??
Of course, I'm angry and frustrated at everything at this point.

So who fights for the victims who can't fight for themselves?
Where is justice?
Seems our whole society does nothing but blame somebody
else. Whose got the most power to rumor the most blame?
Guilty or innocent. Right or wrong. We try so hard to teach
humans to get out of judging, to get to loving,. It looks
more and more like those who get to love are the first to
go. Perhaps better to stay in judging, accusing and blaming.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

That's why I hate lawyers (having been one for thirty years). They--all but me, of course--are too busy processing disputes that they don't even try to get a grip on the extent of the wrong they are supposed to be righting. Devoid of empathy, or at least the ability to convey it.

The best idea:Think of the lawyer as a brain surgeon, a cutter, from whom you expect--and really want--only skill.

10:29 AM  
Blogger corewell said...

Thanks, Erik. What you say helps. I will go forth with my expectations corrected.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home