Saturday, December 16, 2006

UCLA data security breach

Seems data on some 800,000  students has been taken. It includes vital statistics , social security,
etc, etc.  They notified everybody, but think about it. With all the identity theft going on which
practically destroys peoples lives, there is no safety , no security. Credit card companies and
universities give it away.  Then everybody moves on to the next news while lives are destroyed.
 
My bank of 20 years asked me all kinds of personal information the other day because of new
policies even tho the teller knew me for years, as if the customer is the security problem when
they are the problem.
 
When I moved and notified the credit card company 2 months in advance, they continued to
send blank checks to my old address 3 months later. When I complained, they had no shame
and no apology. Their attitude was it was perfectly justified because that's how long it takes
for them to change an address. BE FORWARNED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home