Thursday, December 29, 2005

blame

People like to blame other people and when I was growing
up I was taught to take the blame. If my brothers beat me up,
it was my fault for being in the same room with them, therefore,
I deserved it.

When I was nearly killed in the accident,traumatized out of my
mind, I was muttering about what did I do now to deserve this.
In my child's mind at that point, laying on the road with no one
helping me, I figured I must have done something.

I layed on the road and the people in the other car, uninjured,
sat in their car for 10 -15 minutes figuring an advantage. They
observed me and came up with a story
that mom driving the car had nothing to do with causing the
accident. At the least they could have said to me that the
police and ambulance were coming,but no. Someday they will
pay dearly for their lack of humanity, lack of caring about
anything but themselves rushing back from the beach.
What monstrous people! Nowadays I have time to watch a
lot of TV and am learning what monsters there are out there,
and I am afraid.

I think I would not have been so traumatized if I hadn't been
left alone on the pavement for so long. When the police
officer came, he was like an angel to me. I asked about
the people in the other car and learned then that they were
all right. He asked me a lot of questions and later came
to the hospital. Again, he seemed like an angel. His last
name is Purcell. He was certainly the most considerate
and thoughtful policeman I have ever known.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home