Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Democracies or Corporations

I see and hear so much talk about living in a democracy, and our Bill of Rights
yet from my experience working 50 hours a week in a corporation, no freedoms
or Bill of Rights existed for me. I was not informed about what was going on,
I was not allowed to ask questions (except about my job), I was not allowed to
speak to most of the other employees unless it concerned my work. There was
no free speech, and obedience was the law. It was strictly authoritarian, no
equality. I didn't have time to know what's going on in the outside world
where people lived in a democracy. I am quite uncertain about this democracy
we live in because it's not to be found in the workplace, nor in the military nor
in the industrial complex. Now corporations have taken over our lawmakers and
administration. I can't seem to find democratic principles for everyday working
man or woman. I wonder if it isn't a luxury item for those who don't work or
for business owners.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home