Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I don't know who I am

It's been suggested that we give up all identifications..
with family,school,work,city,nation,sex, culture, everything
until we reach the point of saying, "I don't know who I am".
Then who's going to hire you? or, Who's going to work for
you?

Both Ram Dass and Eckhart Tolle switched from being
University teachers to Spiritual teachers and they kept
their identity as teacher-writers. That's how they
made their living. Haven't we been fortunate with their
switch to spiritual teaching!

3 Comments:

Blogger corewell said...

I've always been most interested in being authentic, genuine, sincere,or real and steering away from role
playing because I saw that as phony or pretending. Better for me to focus on ways to be more loving.

10:07 PM  
Blogger corewell said...

I don't think we use words the same way. Isn't that a pain. Roles to me are an observers way of reporting what he sees other people doing. I would say a spirit of exploration, a love of variety, a peaceful,accepting approach to life,an understanding of what makes people do the things they do,(such as the effect of pain and what causes pain),lead to more love. Now we should define love!! Of course, rigid concepts of self or others block love.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Indeed, we are fortunate. We always are when people become who they are.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home